Neopolitan’s 14th Annual Steppers’ Gala
Neopolitan Lighthouse presents the 14th Annual Steppers’ Gala: Steppin’ Out Domestic Violence. Guests will surely have a great time at this year’s Gala, which will feature music, dancing, stepping lessons, live performances, dinner, and an exciting raffle to win great prizes! Call to get your ticket today!
1370 North Ave. Melrose Park, Illinois (Located in the Winston Plaza strip mall)
Friday, April 26th, 2019
6:30 pm – 12:30 am
Admit One Ticket $50.00 Includes 6 Hour Open Bar
Come and support Neopolitan Lighthouse in raising money in an effort to continue providing women and children with a safe haven as they work toward achieving self-sufficiency and self-reliance.
– Neopolitan Lighthouse
One of the most valuable tools for a person in an abusive relationship is a safety plan. Even if you are not yet ready to leave an abusive relationship, or if you have decided to return to the relationship, creating a safety plan will allow you to identify your options. Create an individualized safety plan, specific to your situation and resources. The following safety plan can be used as a guideline. If you have any questions, or would like assistance from an advocate, please contact Neopolitan Lighthouse at (773) 722-0005.
Things I can do BEFORE a violent incident…
1. Identify a neighbor I can tell about the violence and ask them to call the police if they hear or see a disturbance at my house.
2. Devise a code word or signal to use with family, friends, or neighbors when I need them to call the police.
3. Open my own savings account to increase my independence.
4. Leave money, an extra set of keys, copies of important documents, and extra clothes with someone I trust.
5. Decide where I’ll go if I leave my home, even if right now I don’t think it will come to that. Identify a domestic violence shelter to call. Find out if a friend or relative will let me stay with them or lend me money.
Click here to read the full article.